Superior Diagnostics, Targeted Treatments.
Order Test Kit
PerioDX Oral Health Test Service
Next-Gen DNA Sequencing (NGS) for Precise Microbial Diagnosis of Periodontal Infections
- 1x MicroGenDX Sample
- Shipping Box
- 1x Prepaid FedEx
- Shipping Label
- 1x Lab Requisition Form
- 1x 5mL Sterile Solution
- 1x Oral Fluid Collection System
- 1x Biohazard Lab Bag W/
- Absorbant Cloth
- 1x BD 5mL Syringe w/ 2
- Stainless Steel Blunt Needles
- 2x 2mL Vials
Perio-Protect customers, please contact your representative for your coupon pricing discount code.
Both Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) And Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Are Used To Analyze Samples From Saliva As Well As Periodontal Pockets. The Technology And The Sampling Method Combine To Give You A Comprehensive Report For Your Patient’s Oral Microbiome.
The PCR analysis in the PerioDX test is highly sensitive and specific for 15 bacteria and one fungus associated with periodontal disease. These organisms are:
- Aggregatibacter Actinomycetemcomitans: Gram-negative bacterium associated with a severe infection of the periodontium
- Tannerella Forsythia: Gram-negative bacterium implicated in periodontal diseases
- Fusobacterium Nucleatum: Gram-negative bacterium associated with periodontal disease and commonly found in the plaque of humans
- Peptostreptococcus Micros: Gram-positive bacteria linked to progressive periodontitis
- Eikenella Corrodens: Gram-negative bacterium commonly found in the human mucosal surface due to poor oral hygiene and periodontal infection
- Capnocytophaga Species: Gram-negative bacteria usually associated with periodontal disease
- Treponema Denticola: Gram-negative bacterium associated with periodontal disease
- Prevotella Intermedia: Gram-negative bacterial involved in gingivitis and periodontitis
- Porphyromonas Gingivalis: Gram-negative bacterium associated with periodontal disease
- Eubacterium Nodatum: Gram-positive bacterium seen in chronic periodontitis
- Campylobacter Rectus: Gram-negative bacterium associated with chronic periodontitis
- Streptococcus Mutans: Gram-positive bacterium found in the human oral cavity and a major contributor to tooth decay
- Selenomonas Noxia: Gram-negative bacterium related to periodontitis and detected in gingival crevice and periodontal pocket
- Streptococcus Pyogenes: Gram-positive bacterium linked diseases including pharyngitis
- Neisseria Meningitidis: Gram-negative bacteria associated with meningitis
- Candida Albicans: Opportunistic microbe that can cause oral thrush
PerioDX report also displays the results of analysis by Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS).
Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) analyzes the genetic fingerprint of everything in the sample. The comprehensive approach can identify thousands of possible microorganisms in one sample. Currently, MicroGenDx matches samples against a curated database of over 50,000 possible microbial DNA matches.
MicroGenDX also tests the sample for antibiotic resistance genes present. These include:
Quinolone resistance Methicillin resistance Vancomycin resistance Beta-lactam resistance Carbapenem resistance Macrolide resistance Aminoglycoside resistance Tetracycline resistance, Bactrim, Extended Spectrum Beta Lactamase CTX-M resistance.
For PerioProtect Prescriber's
Specifically designed for PerioProtect prescriber’s to improve antibiotic stewardship—Patient education included with test results.